Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lettuce Wraps

I made some shredded pork last week that was kind of boring. What to do you do with boring leftovers? Me, I smothered them in veggies and made a wrap. There wasn't much to these other than a ton of veggies plus some kick your butt dressing.

I used cucumber, carrots, avacado, tomato, cilantro, and scallions for the added veggies. I put a dab of hummus on a leaf of lettuce. Green leaf is what I had, but any lettuce leaf would do well. add scoop of shredded pork, chicken would also work beautifully. Add little bit of ginger garlic dressing. It was so tasty that it didn't touch my plate long enough for a good picture.

Ginger Garlic Dressing
1" piece of fresh ginger
5 cloves of garlic (this makes it pretty spicy and vampires will keep a wide berth)
4 tbsp of coconut milk
1 tbsp of olive oil
a few drops of siracha hot sauce (the one at Asian restaurants with a rooster on it)
salt to taste

this dressing is even more potent the next day if you like a more mild taste cut the garlic to 1 clove.
Oooooh green

No comments:

Post a Comment