Friday, February 11, 2011

Thai Inspired Curry

I love curries. They are fresh and delicious. Last night I made this Curry almost on accident. I had no plan going in just started pulling things out that looked and smelled good together. When it was done it tasted better than I had planned. I'm sad I only made enough for dinner and lunch. I'd say it's Thai inspired because it has some elements of Thai cuisine and if I were to plan ahead on this next time, I'd get some cilantro to sprinkle on top.

Thai Curry
4 thick pork cutlets
2 bell peppers sliced in large pieces
1 small onion sliced in large pieces
1 jalapeno with seeds
1" of ginger
1.5 tsp of coriander
1.5 tsp of cardamon
1.5 tsp of garlic powder
can of coconut milk
2 tbs of coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a food processor blend the jalapeno, ginger, and spices (I added spices as I went until it smelled right so I'm estimating on the measurements)In deep pan brown the pork cutlets in some coconut oil on high.Take out the cutlets and place them to the side for later.
Add ground up spices to the oil and toast the spices for 2-3 minutes.

This smells so good.

Add the vegetables to the spices and oil and bring the temperature down to medium.
Saute the vegetables until the onions start to get soft.


Add the coconut milk and stir until combined.


Place the cutlets back in the pan and turn once to coat in milk.


Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.



This was amazing curry! I was so pleased with the way it came out without following a recipe. If you are paleo serve this over some cauliflower rice, or regular rice if you are not. We just ate it as it was with some big salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment